Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

11/3 Guild Lockdown Results

4 posters

Go down

11/3 Guild Lockdown Results Empty 11/3 Guild Lockdown Results

Post  alphappy Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 am

Unrelated to Val's T2 GLD event, Aurora did astoundingly well in five T3 GLD matches on November 3. It took quite a while to get started, so thanks to all of you who waited while we tried to get an opponent(and thanks to Red for getting us our first opponent)!

Here are the results from the matches in order of play(except for the first one, whoops):

Match 2:
Spoiler:

Match 3:
Spoiler:

Match 4:
Spoiler:

Match 5:
Spoiler:
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

11/3 Guild Lockdown Results Empty Re: 11/3 Guild Lockdown Results

Post  Valene Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 pm

I thought I just wanted to share this in addition to Alp's pictures. We played a handful of games today against Dark Guardians, First Blood, Shadow Overlords, Impervious and Unity - at least 2 games against each opponent and the team did an awesome job. I think we only lost twice in total and both were very close matches.

These are all frequent players in the LD scene and pretty good so it was really surprising that although it was the first guild LD game for most of the Aurorians playing the team ended up beating many of its opponents - a true testament to our bond and how quickly we came to work together.

Plus, it was hilarious how many bombers we had and how pissed off some people got XD

A shoutout to the players:

Nevermoon, Redhawkone, Tryptik - for being BEAST bombers. They caused at least 3 people to ragequit. Nuff said.
Bohhty, Readreact - Everyone hates gunners. You guys are proof why.
Ragingstorm - Rage and I played strikers. But I think he'll agree with me if I say those bombers and gunner deserve all the credit and we enjoyed piggybacking off them them - esp GF comboing shocked / stunned players to their death :>

I'm sure we'll only get better in terms of teamwork if we play more in the future. But let's all remember to keep this lighthearted, stay out of taunts or negative comments, and CAP CAP CAP! (Get UVs too you guys, and polaris - no I'm totally not taking this seriously >.>)

Did I ever say how much I love you guys?
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 am

Ooh, looks like you guys had an interesting team on hand.

I'm curious on what the bombers in Aurora were wielding; been planning on making a bombing set sometime.
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 am

Ankoku Flare wrote:I'm curious on what the bombers in Aurora were wielding; been planning on making a bombing set sometime.
Stagger Storm and Voltaic Tempest for sure. Red's other two slots are usually toothpick, hammer, valiance or some blast bomb I can't remember the name of.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 am

Ah, Nitro I'm guessing

I kinda wonder how a mad bomber/elemental shard line would do, it that doesn't work out I'll just use it for solo runs xD
but might enough up sticking with a nitro and stagger and perhaps my snarb.
...things to ponder
then again still haven't begun crating the set itself yet xP
...and there's the trinkets and the bomb itself. So thinking ahead of things here.
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 am

Ankoku Flare wrote:Ah, Nitro I'm guessing

I kinda wonder how a mad bomber/elemental shard line would do, it that doesn't work out I'll just use it for solo runs xD
but might enough up sticking with a nitro and stagger and perhaps my snarb.
...things to ponder
then again still haven't begun crating the set itself yet xP
If you're talking about lockdown, mad bomber will get you slaughtered because being shocked once is instant death, and shard bombs are next to useless. As a bomber in lockdown, you want to hold points by stunning/shocking enemies, rather than actually dealing damage. Bombers that are not accompanied by at least one wingman can't do squat for damage because dodging bombs is a joke if the bomber is the only thing you're focusing on. However, a striker alongside that bomber can distract or overwhelm the opponent a bit more easily.

Of course, I suck hard at bombing LD, so you'll have to ask Tryp or Red for more detail.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Hawk One Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 am

I was running Flourish, Val/GF, and some combination of all the haze bombs in either Volc. Demo/Vog or full merc.

Tryp was running Hammer, three hazes, and full merc demo.

Moon was running two haves, a nitrome, and (I forget) in full volc demo.

I've been meaning to write up a bombing guide, but the short version is you want armor with high elemental (for gunners) and/or shock and stun (for gunners and bombers) resistance, at least SS or VT, and a gun or sword you're comfortable with for emergencies.
Red Hawk One
Red Hawk One
Crazy like a fox
Crazy like a fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:14 am

Ah, right I forgot about the amount of shock that goes on.
Shows how often I venture in the battle of points x.x

Look at this way Alp, at least you know the purpose is to capture all the points. Knowing is half the battle ;3
Besides, I'm certain you have more practice than I (I'll work on it eventually!). x3

Hm after reading both your posts, then I should consider Mercurial Demo Suit for more ld-ish purposes. I'll might end up crafting both set since I like bombing out on clockworks as well; I just love to see thing blow up and turn into crowns more quickly! :V

Bombing guide, I've had questions asked in the past about that subject in particular. I think it may be something of use. Val made a swordsman guide, now we need a gunning guide and we are all set! Razz

Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down