» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Blast Network Tips and Tricks (v. 0.2)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cornering technique

Post  SeriousSimon on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 am

There's one more technique one can use if having enough skills, and enough speed :3 Its usually being performed near a wall (being either the map bound, or a wall of breakable/unbreakable blocks).
What u do is put a bomb in front of a player approaching to u. While he thinks u're gonna perform a run-through and puts a bomb to prevent it, u run around him and start making the second wall using u're bombs and the unbreakable/breakable blocks. Thus that unsuspecting player would get cornered in the corridor made of one, already existing wall, and another wall made by u. Vivid diagrams in the spoiler section :0

Diagrams here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, black squares indicate unbreakable blocks; red and blue arrows show ur and ur victim's movements; big red circles and big blue circles show ur and ur victim's bombs' placements; small blue circle shows ur victim's position
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blast Network Tips and Tricks (v. 0.2)

Post  andersenio on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:35 pm

nice simon xD 
heres one of my favourite tricks, can easily go wrong xD

" />
lol at my amazing art skills (obviously far superior to simon's Razz) This can be pretty good when timed perfectly so there is no escape as if they run away they get caught in the other blasts. obviously you can add the finishing touch to other peoples carpet bombing and get the kill as people tend to stay even though they're gonna die. This is especially funny in 8 player gridlock, when 1 person has all the power and just carpets along the bottom. If everyone is averagely smart they'll learn to hide from vertical blasts and then you can just add the final killer xD, great fun Razz i hope you understand what i mean lol
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 pm

lol, thought i would just throw this in here
:3:

andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:49 am

andersenio wrote:lol, thought i would just throw this in here
:

40????? OMG IMPOSSIBRU WTF FTW HAAOOOOOOOO DID U MANAAAAGE IIIIITTTTTT??????
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:33 am

lets just say there was an 8 player game where everyone else was a noob, who was so bad it almost looked as if they were trying to run into the bombs xD
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 am

andersenio wrote:nice simon xD 
heres one of my favourite tricks, can easily go wrong xD

" />
lol at my amazing art skills (obviously far superior to simon's Razz) This can be pretty good when timed perfectly so there is no escape as if they run away they get caught in the other blasts. obviously you can add the finishing touch to other peoples carpet bombing and get the kill as people tend to stay even though they're gonna die. This is especially funny in 8 player gridlock, when 1 person has all the power and just carpets along the bottom. If everyone is averagely smart they'll learn to hide from vertical blasts and then you can just add the final killer xD, great fun Razz i hope you understand what i mean lol

I should say its a pretty dangerous technique, and useful only against noobs. Here are two reasons why u should not do it against pros:

1) They would have enough reaction to still avoid ur bombs. In ur very example, they would wait till the middle left bomb's blast passes them, and change the position to avoid ur last bomb.
2) If i was that red guy, i would have simply blocked u by placing a bomb right in the spot u were going to place the last bomb. Im sure that pros would do the same.

Tho, on the other side, u're right about that finishing touch.. Recently was playing with Weege, and failed hard since it seemed not just to be his special technique - it more likely looked as if it was casual for him T_T But, in this case, one should be careful if using it - u need to have more or less perfect timing not to blast urself... which is pretty much impossible if ur ping keeps hopping up and down >.>
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 pm

with your first point the 3 to the left are placed from top to bottom, so the chaining means you cant escape (if its timed so there isnt enough time to move FAR away, if you can picture that in your head lol). But the main point isnt that specific move, as you try it out theres numerous ways to "sniper" people in different situations which adds even more fun to BN >Very Happy and as weege plays a lot, he has probably discovered many ways to do it and just see a situation and thinks "Oh! I know, ive seen this before!" and kills you (also me). repeatedly.
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:13 am

andersenio wrote:with your first point the 3 to the left are placed from top to bottom, so the chaining means you cant escape (if its timed so there isnt enough time to move FAR away, if you can picture that in your head lol). But the main point isnt that specific move, as you try it out theres numerous ways to "sniper" people in different situations which adds even more fun to BN >Very Happy and as weege plays a lot, he has probably discovered many ways to do it and just see a situation and thinks "Oh! I know, ive seen this before!" and kills you (also me). repeatedly.

Ah, lol, from top to bottom! I got confused when saw ur blue smiley on the first pic in that place (which ment he placed them from bottom to top - why else would he get himself there?) In this case, yeah, one cant outrun ur blast, right u are
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:22 am

lol, i drew the face there  and didnt really think about it
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top