Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Wake up ppl.

+6
SeriousSimon
ReadReact
Thefallylord
MushyMushy
andersenio
Whiletrue
10 posters

Go down

Wake up ppl. Empty Wake up ppl.

Post  Whiletrue Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 am

Dunno how to put this any other way, but this is how I feel:

Never been so alone in a guild/clan/community in my life. If it weren't for Dumsy, I dunno if I'd still be around. You all seem to have your little clicks established and all I can do is make jabs at trying to impress but all I get is little snide comments in return. Whether it be about how I rage in LD or the fact that I drink. Can you imagine how that feels? And I have self-esteem. Imagine how that feels for lesser players. I hope you don't treat them like you treat me. The only other member who actually talks to me around here like a real person is Hell-Raider. That's pretty sad, 1 guy I've met through this guild I can chill with... Maybe I just don't fit in here?

I can talk about the balancing of a weapon like Levi and get told to shut up and take it to to /t by someone "who already knows", like there was some other more pressing conversation going on in chat (Hint: There was nothing else in chat). Why even have a GD guild if no one can talk about something even as innocuous as the very weapons that are in the game? I didn't join a guild so I can have some ppl arbitrarily tell me "Hello" and "goodbye". I can write a program to do that for me from my friend's list. (In 12 different programming languages no less). I have been doing my best to be an example of a good player while wearing Aurora tags because I don't want to make you all look bad but I'm starting to doubt the value of that. 

I used to play this game without a care and now I'm on eggshells and for what? To maintain the pleasant atmosphere and image of a dying guild that refuses to lax their recruiting standards and that most of the big members have left anyways? Of the few members that are regularly on, most tend to treat me like a second hand player. That's real nice considering I've solo'd my way up to where I am without the help of any of you, or any guild at all. None of you have ever helped me with anything except Dumsy, yet I pay 5k or more a week into the guild because I have faith that this guild is worth something. I hold out hope.

However, my patience is wearing thin here. Look, I like most of ya'll, but not so much that I'm going to ride a sinking ship to the bottom of the sea. Something needs to change. Get some new blood in here. Do what you got to do. I'm not going to tell you how to run your guild, but I am going to say that things are not going well right now and it needs to change.

If not, well, I guess I might go back being solo. At least I ain't throwing my crowns at a doomed guild then. I have been involved in my share of gaming organizations in my considerable time as a gamer (17 years FYI), and my experience tells me that this one is just sputtering along the path of oblivion. The choice is yours.

Peace,

- That Raging Drunk Whiletru
Whiletrue
Whiletrue

http://www.tracerdx.com

Back to top Go down

Wake up ppl. Empty Re: Wake up ppl.

Post  andersenio Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:04 pm

i agree the hello goodbye thing is kinda pointless if you're not going to back it up with actions. And sorry for making you feel distant from the rest of us. pale

Could you help me by saying what we could do to make You feel more wanted? (which you are)
(sorry, i'm new to this universe and have a lot to learn.)

and thanks while for posting this, it takes guts.
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:55 pm

unless things have changed to anarchy, i think you can report nasty behavior like what you described to a staff member, since i doubt is accepted in Aurora.

and yes, a lot of the newer people that i noticed shortly before moving on were not talkative and so on. i can see that that makes for it to be boring or something.
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I.. I'm soooooooooooooo sorry! ;n; If I have done anything to offend you, you have my deepest apologies.

I try to treat everyone with respect, and kindness. Hell I even say I'm good every time someone asks me just so they don't feel upset.

I do agree that people shouldn't be telling others to shut up, if anything that's the last thing to say in my book! (It's a social guild NEVER SAY IT!!!!) If anyone wants to stop someone from talking just mute them, though I wouldn't see how anyone would need to be muted to begin with.

I don't think our time zones are close since I rarely see you on, but I hope we can be friends. C:

I know it can be hard to make friends. It took me about 2-3 weeks iirc, to actually make some and still at that point there was a lot of people I barely talked to. But I love talking to everyone now! Because if I do I can make more and more wonderful friends. Smile 

Well, all that's left to say is. I hope we can talk and chill in game!
                                                                                              -Fally
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 pm

MushyMushy wrote:unless things have changed to anarchy, i think you can report nasty behavior like what you described to a staff member, since i doubt is accepted in Aurora.
Ah, thanks Mushy. Forgot to mention it in my own post.

Yes you can report any behaviour you think is unacceptable or anything you really hate. Please do not hesitate to send them.
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  ReadReact Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for speaking up Tru -- I will do my best to address your concerns. It's not my intention to make you or anyone else feel unwelcome. I've personally observed that you have helped several others with missions, boss runs, or advice on numerous occasions. In fact, there's only one place in the guild etiquette that appears is an issue:

2.) Keep guild chat clean, courteous and respectful

Other than this, you are an exceptional member. As rules go, it's not difficult to follow -- and it certainly doesn't limit conversation to hello and goodbye. But there is a distinct difference to public and private conversation. If you want to /tell someone how much you loathe their LD play or /tell me how I'm the worst GM in the history of gaming, that's fine -- I'd rather you wouldn't Smile but it's your opinion and your voice.

Contrast that with the /g chat, and the random insults and trash talk become akin to jumping on a table and screaming it out for all to hear, with people not knowing who it's directed toward or why.

To your credit, you have apologized both publically and to me personally for comments made in the /g chat. I sincerely accept that because I don't feel you truly mean to offend, or are going out of your way to be malicious. However, when it happens repeatedly, it becomes an issue. We can all say anything and apologize 10 minutes later, but it doesn't remove what was said.

You are a talented player and I wouldn't want to lose you.

And addressing everyone, whoever said this to Tru
WhileTru wrote:I can talk about the balancing of a weapon like Levi and get told to shut up and take it to to /t by someone "who already knows"

is also definitely in the wrong. If any of you cannot abide by a rule that's been in place since this guild was founded then I wish you well and hope you find what you're looking for in a guild.
ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 pm

T_T I actually wasn't so rude to say 'shut up' that time, so im very, VERY SAD to see u writing it. Also, i dunno whom im writing it to, but whatever: i was more chatty be4, somewhere at the start and middle of my sk career, when still in hopes i was looking for a 'perfect' guild. Those times i was much more talkative, full of emotions, and it was those times when i had such a need in talks too, just as u have it now. But time passed, and, how hard it wasn't to me, i finally got to know perfect guilds dont exist. And then i would just settle down here and get satisfied having some small talks from time to time with my guildies. Im not rly a chatter box now, but i can see that i can still get support from my guildies, and im very glad they talk to me and share my problems. I try paying back with my help, or at least attention to my guildies and friends, too.

Im sorry i didnt fulfill ur requirements of a good, live guild by my own example, and made u close ur mouth. i didnt understand u were talking with us just for a talk itself - i forgot and cant remember how live, interesting chat sounds/looks like. Im sorry
SeriousSimon
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Zzz...five more minutes mom... zzz... I jest Razz 
It's just that time of the month where everything sort of clears up. It does seem to happen each year.

I may work on getting on more frequently next week. I've had too many things in my mind to really spit out words, especially this past few months, sure I can type gibberish, but I'm not sure how far that will get me. If we get gibberishly in to translate, then juuuust maybe it can work.
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 pm

While!! Did you know that most bars in Shanghai serve "fake" alcohol? I had like 3 drinks, 2 beers, and a couple of shots last Friday and was not even a bit wobbly. It made me thought of you and how I wouldn't be able to see your drunk tirades if you were here cuz you wouldn't be drunk no matter how much you drink haha!

Aurora is like a family. We each come in with our own weaknesses and strengths. We learn to understand others' shortcomings and learn to let others accept us for who we are. So I want to thank you guys for putting up with me and my temper swings - it's a reminder to me to be equally and even more understanding of other people's actions =)
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Welux Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:59 pm

someone should consider adding to the guild rules to prevent people from feeling like outcasts.
like they have to be friendly and responsive to others and engage in conversations with other people, and not just join the guild and be mute the whole time. Don't know how you should say it on the rules though.
But meh, we probably don't need that as a rule, just thought i would put that idea out there.
Welux
Welux
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Well I try to converse with people a lot, but it's so hard to start conversations. ;n;
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 am

i agree with fally, but also you cant expect people to be able to talk all the time because you dont want to get killed in PvE! (fsc zombies are always quicker and jump further whenever you're typing xD)
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 am

Yet I still talk in Vana either through normal chat /g or Steam. XD I should probably stop it...
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Wake up ppl. Empty Sympathy

Post  Miss-Pao Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:53 pm

You and I are in the same boat... sort of.

Usually I get judged for being a girl gamer, even though I'm pretty good and don't blow up my team's headphones whenever I die and whatnot. Even had some "Go back to the kitchen" jokes during a CoD match. (guess who was my prime target for that entire game, hehe)

lol, getting off topic again Neutral 

aaanyways, if you ever feel lonely just ask via guild chat if anyone wants to do a run in the clockworks. At least someone will come with, and if I'm on, I will gladly go with you.

good luck with said self esteem problems!  tongue 
Miss-Pao
Miss-Pao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down