Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE!

+8
Ankoku Flare
ReadReact
Valene
alphappy
Lovingly
Bohhty
MiniCoder
Det-the-EpicVentur
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE! Empty This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE!

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm

post here if you average 10 or more death in blast network

I'm the only one aren't I.......... Sad
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

http://images.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=&t

Back to top Go down

This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE! Empty Re: This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE!

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Det-the-EpicVentur wrote:post here if you average 10 or more death in blast network

I'm the only one aren't I.......... Sad
Depends on if its GvG, FFA, or just plain old Teams. Sometimes my deaths are crazy high and other times im in the 1st or 2nd spot (which scares me because i'm terrible).

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE! Empty Re: This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE!

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm

dunno whenever
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Det-the-EpicVentur wrote:dunno whenever
Well then. I usually have a ridiculous death count Razz

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Oh yea! Well mine is worse XD
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Det-the-EpicVentur wrote:Oh yea! Well mine is worse XD
You'll get better with practice.... just takes forever o.o

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Bohhty Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm

-snip-

Last edited by Bohhty on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Bohhty
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Bohhty wrote:My current average deaths in BN is somewhere around 22 - 30.
High - Five!

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Shocked okay..... you win... I have finally met my master.... Teach me in the ways of loosing so badly you make me look good
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovingly Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm

FYI, I might do an post-guild-event BN event where we shall play free-for-all. The person with the lowest score wins.

Remember that if someone earns a kill, they get one point
Remember that if someone dies, everyone else gets one point.

Restriction #1: You must not dishonor King Krogmo. This means (according to other people), you must lay at least 20 bombs throughout the game.
Restriction #2: To encourage bombing, the map must be cleared of all breakable blocks before there can be a winner. (i.e. if the map still has breakable blocks present at the end of the match, there will be no winner)
Restriction #3: No energy revives.

Strategy: Lay enough bombs and kill yourself using either your own or other player's bombs. If you are 'winning', be sure to break all the breakable blocks!

How does that sound?

Last edited by Lovingly on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Restriction #3.)
Lovingly
Lovingly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm

i like it
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bohhty Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

-snip-

Bohhty
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Bohhty wrote:
Det-the-EpicVentur wrote: Shocked okay..... you win... I have finally met my master.... Teach me in the ways of loosing so badly you make me look good

I find that running into the enemy bombs helps.
XD
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Bohhty wrote:My current average deaths in BN is somewhere around 22 - 30.
Given that you usually wait around 10 seconds to respawn, that would mean you spend, on average, about 80% of the game waiting...

Lovingly wrote:FYI, I might do an post-guild-event BN event where we shall play free-for-all. The person with the lowest score wins.
How does that sound?
I don't think it'll be as exciting as you predict. Logically, there are only two basic strategies that exist at the beginning of the game:
  • kill oneself repeatedly with the 20 bombs, netting everyone else 20 points
  • don't kill oneself, break as many blocks as possible, hitting the 20-bomb requirement
Those who take on strategy B will just watch as everyone who took on strategy A tries to hit the 20-bomb requirement, and rush over whenever possible, because if you die repeatedly, you can't place as many bombs and you are therefore further from the 20-bomb requirement. Everyone taking on strategy A would cause a lot of waiting time - not to mention everyone's score would be very, very similar. Both situations are awkward and potentially not very fun(but I'll admit I'd have to see it in action to know exactly how it's going to work).

Apart from that, it's a little strange. If you die to somebody else's bombs, the immediate apparent effect is that it pushes you towards winning a little more, but when you're down, the only thing that can happen is that you gain points from other people's bombs. Getting killed is therefore a mixed bag based on your timing with the rolling respawn timer.

But, I spent some time thinking about this, how about a slightly different scoring system? Namely:
  • If A kills B, A gets 2 points, B gets none, and everyone else gets 1(default rule).
  • If A has a death wish, A gets 1(or maybe 2?) point and everyone else gets none.
  • Lowest score wins, naturally.
This would discourage killing oneself, which I believe will encourage active participation a little more. It would mean that I(or someone) would have to record the chatlog and calculate the score afterwards, but I can definitely do that.

One other thing for consideration: FFA mode may not work if we get interference. We can GBN ourselves via HoT, however, and teamkills won't be any different from non-team kills.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Bo, I've done this experiment this before. The max number of deaths is around 22. Cuz of the timer after each death. I even tried this with a couple of ce revs. Number is still 22. XD Pissed off alot of people though...
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Bohhty Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:00 pm

-snip-

Bohhty
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Valene wrote:Bo, I've done this experiment this before. The max number of deaths is around 22. Cuz of the timer after each death. I even tried this with a couple of ce revs. Number is still 22. XD Pissed off alot of people though...
Good job valene! XD

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  ReadReact Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm

To simplify it, what if we compete for the next-to-last score? So you would have to do some killing in order not to be last, but not too much lest you get too many points. It would save having to track the chat or use an alternative scoring system. So if it's 4 players and it goes:

Nevermoon: 58
Tryptik: 44
Readreact: 27
Valene: 9

Then Readreact would be the winner! If it's an 8 player match, we could award 6th and 7th, etc. Hmm -- maybe I came up with this because lately I keep finishing in 3rd Wink
ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

ReadReact wrote:To simplify it, what if we compete for the next-to-last score? So you would have to do some killing in order not to be last, but not too much lest you get too many points. It would save having to track the chat or use an alternative scoring system. So if it's 4 players and it goes:

Nevermoon: 58
Tryptik: 44
Readreact: 27
Valene: 9

Then Readreact would be the winner! If it's an 8 player match, we could award 6th and 7th, etc. Hmm -- maybe I came up with this because lately I keep finishing in 3rd Wink
Thats an interesting idea. I like it!

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Wat do the scores represent again? deaths or kills? If they are the number of kills then this suggestion is REJECTED.
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Valene wrote:Wat do the scores represent again? deaths or kills? If they are the number of kills then this suggestion is REJECTED.
The same way BN has always been - 1 point for a kill and 1 point if someone else dies(thus 2 points if you kill someone).

Readreact wrote:To simplify it, what if we compete for the next-to-last score? So you would have to do some killing in order not to be last, but not too much lest you get too many points. It would save having to track the chat or use an alternative scoring system.
I think that works very well.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

This is the time..... BAD BLAST NETWORK PLAYERS UNITE! Empty Nothing like a good refreshing explosion

Post  Ankoku Flare Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 pm

I think 11 is my top death score, or at least the number I can actually recall. XD
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dummymummy Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Lovingly wrote:FYI, I might do an post-guild-event BN event where we shall play free-for-all. The person with the lowest score wins.

Remember that if someone earns a kill, they get one point
Remember that if someone dies, everyone else gets one point.

Restriction #1: You must not dishonor King Krogmo. This means (according to other people), you must lay at least 20 bombs throughout the game.
Restriction #2: To encourage bombing, the map must be cleared of all breakable blocks before there can be a winner. (i.e. if the map still has breakable blocks present at the end of the match, there will be no winner)
Restriction #3: No energy revives.

Strategy: Lay enough bombs and kill yourself using either your own or other player's bombs. If you are 'winning', be sure to break all the breakable blocks!

How does that sound?

Now that sounds like something I could do
Yesterday I had no kills and 12 death and I was trying not to die lol
dummymummy
dummymummy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

haha, i do that too sometimes Razz
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:07 am

wow thanks, you guys make me feel like im good at BN now Razz
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next