Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies

2 posters

Go down

Is this a useful topic?

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_lcap0%LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_lcap80%LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_lcap20%LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies Empty LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies

Post  MushyMushy Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm

This is a short but detailed guide on how to use the two most popular (excluding hammer spam) swords for LD Strikers.

Gran Faust
LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies 40px-e10
Even though this (in)famous sword has limitless blunt force, it still requires skill to wield.
Common fatal mistakes include:
  • Use of the charge
  • Combo spamming
  • Using it as your main weapon

(most) Gran Faust users are familiar with the decent chance of self-curse from the charge attack. This knowledge alone should deter the use of the charge in LD, but no. There are still people that (spam) use the charge attack and then 'mysteriously' find themselves dead. Plain and simple (unless you have PLENTY of curse resistance) don't use the (Gran) Faust charge!

The sealed sword line is not known for speed (unless I'm crazy) , so don't use it like a cutter! To be most effective in LD it is best to have some sort of ASI other than the striker ASI med, whether that is an ASI trinket or one of those fancy ASI UVs or even ASI from gear, such as Vog Cub. Even with a nice ASI bonus, combo spamming is still a TERRIBLE idea! The second hit leaves you extremely vulnerable to other weapons, even another Gran Faust.
Often, it is best to shield cancel your first hit. I already see this coming: But Mushy, Strikers don't have a shield! Not to worry, the boost work as a shield cancel, so you can use your first hit without being vulnerable. The only time it is really OK to use the second hit without high fatality rate is when you've already hit them with the first hit. Unless they have a large ASI and you don't, you will easily get the second, more damaging hit in, usually killing weaker people.

Yet another fatal Gran Faust mistake is using it as a main weapon. Why in the world would a weapon that has a useless charge and, unless you wanna be dead, a 1 hit combo? Use something else! This is not a main weapon, and is often better used a striking weapon. A striking weapon is simply the weapon of choice when somebody is on a cap point and you're below them. Simply boost right up to them, and if all goes well, deliver the full 2 hit package. In the normal combat that follows, either switch to another weapon or shield cancel.

Final Flourish
LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies 40px-e11
This sword is quicker and longer than it looks, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's easy!
Common fatal mistakes include:
  • Using the charge
  • Using the full combo

The flourish line's charge isn't very popular in general, rightly so. First off, shield canceling will get a better damage output, plus it doesn't leave you there recovering. Also, (unless you're some cheap AA spammer) it is very easy to dodge the charge and then come back around and kill the user. Same as the Gran Faust, don't use the charge!

Even though, unlike the Gran Faust, this sword is known for speed, the combo is still not very viable. most people consider it way smarter to shield cancel the first hit, as it has the greatest damage area. This is basically the ultimate striking weapon and is usually fairly effective on those evil recon status gunners. Its best use is to circle around the gunner/swordie and hit them from behind, then sprint away and repeat. Its damage may not move mountains, but it does add up from its successful strikes!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Post below!

Last edited by MushyMushy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies Empty Nice guide

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 pm

It would be a very helpful guide to new GF or FF users Very Happy

Back to top Go down

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies Empty Re: LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies

Post  MushyMushy Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm

just so its known, if this guide fairs well, ill likely make another specific weapon themed guide.
hope yall find it useful somehow. (and if you know about this stuff, please notice the 'yes, it is useful for people who don't know this stuff, but i already know it' answer!!)
already had one mishap with that XD
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies Empty also...

Post  MushyMushy Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

the poll has been redone after some mishaps as stated in my reply above.
If you already cast your vote, be sure to do it again! with less mishaps please >.>
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies Empty Re: LD Gran Faust and Final Flourish for Dummies

Post  Valene Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Great guide Mushy =)

You've managed to cover some very important concepts. A note that the second swing of the GF has a chance to curse your opponents. This is the only reason why GFs are much more prevalent than DAs in LD. Other than that, they are pretty much exactly the same - esp to Skolvers who have no resistance to either shadow or elemental. I say this just in case you manage to find a slightly cheaper asi DA =)
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 pm

very true about DAs, i just made it GF themed since thats what i own and am more familiar with its more numerous drawbacks. Also did GF because i see like 4x more of them than DAs, but all the same, DAs are comparable to the GF.
i might post some sort of guide to LD brandishes (more specifically Glacius) and possibly a FSC blitz guide >.>
i can be more specific when possible but, eh, i wrote this in like 5 minutes when i was waiting for a LD match to start XD

heh, post 90. :3
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down