Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Event Suggestions!

+18
agothorr
Det-the-EpicVentur
Goodbert
dummymummy
andersenio
MushyMushy
Taimaos
Funny_Reaver
FallingSnow
MiniCoder
Lovingly
Bohhty
dblake
Valene
alphappy
Gibberishly
ReadReact
Kupoo
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Event Suggestions! - Page 4 Empty Re: Event Suggestions!

Post  Gibberishly Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:25 am

Just a thought - if we didn't have 12 people online for the event time, we could fill in some of the spots with alts (at least for the t1/proto). Said alts wouldn't do anything other than to give each side 6 people so the game could start.
Gibberishly
Gibberishly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 am

Good plan for that. Guess that isn't an option for T3 GvG Evil or Very Mad
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Det-the-EpicVentur Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Gibberishly wrote:Just a thought - if we didn't have 12 people online for the event time, we could fill in some of the spots with alts (at least for the t1/proto). Said alts wouldn't do anything other than to give each side 6 people so the game could start.
Hey! Read! We need you!!!
Det-the-EpicVentur
Det-the-EpicVentur

http://images.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=&t

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibberishly Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 pm

MushyMushy wrote:Good plan for that. Guess that isn't an option for T3 GvG Evil or Very Mad

Not unless someone had a bunch of t3 alts hanging around!

If could be pretty fun in t1. Maybe different play styles? Round 1 - proto, Round 2 - Any gear, Round 3 - Bombs only... ect. Or just bribe enough people to show up for the event in the first place Smile Sounds fun either way.
Gibberishly
Gibberishly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Or people could just show up because it's fun Razz
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ReadReact Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Det-the-EpicVentur wrote:
Hey! Read! We need you!!!

Heh -- this reminds me, I need to reset my Steam password because my alts are over there and it's been so long I forgot the password. pale

I'm hoping the event idea will work out, maybe just start mentioning it to various guild members and build up some interest. Find out why they would or wouldn't participate and see what would make it better for them. As with any of our events, it can be a challenge to get everyone on the same page because we have plenty of eclectic and aloof people who sometimes just want to do their own thing. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I've been surprised sometimes at the attendance of some of the events, especially when I thought they were great ideas.

So hopefully things like this will take off on their own -- we don't want to force participation since it's all about the fun, like Mushy said Smile

ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I would like to organize an event for saturday since events are rare now (and I have been wanting to do one for awhile.) I am thinking of a RT speed run and maybe some random gremlin/construct questions to go with it, like RJP speed run with questions.

Rules:1.It is partys of 2 (or 1 if u prefer.)
2. After completing the run you have go to the GH and /shout Done,complete or whatever else u prefer.
3. I will be asking 15 questions in total about Gremlins and or constructs every 2 minutes. Only one person from the group of 2/1 has to answer,if you get the answer correct I will deduct 15 seconds from your run and if you answer them first you will get 30 seconds detucted however if you answer and get it wrong u get 10 seconds added onto your run. You can answer as much as you want.
4. And the last but most important rule (probably the most used rule ever) HAVE FUN! Very Happy

Time:Clike here for times
Prize200CE (100CE for each winner) runner up 100CE(50CE for each winner)

Last edited by Thefallylord on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Hawk One Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Thefallylord wrote:But I dont know how people will be able to do it fully legit since they can lie that they beat the boss.

Quite the opposite, actually; the event feed gives you the order folks came in and a rough estimate of their time.

Best of luck; I'd help with running it but I'll be on a plane.
Red Hawk One
Red Hawk One
Crazy like a fox
Crazy like a fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibberishly Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

As Red said, you can use the event feed to see the finishers, and watch what floor people are on in the social tab (to prevent people from starting early).

I think 10pm GMT is 5pm EST/ 2pm PST, although I also think that the US is on daylight savings and Europe is not yet, but will be shortly. Best to confirm the exact time in multiple time zones Smile

Also if you are planning it for this Saturday, best to get organized now and get the word out as soon as possible. Write up the full rules (see previous events for the format). Ask an officer to update the ANNOUNCEMENTS block here, and update the guild message of the day. The more people that know about the event, the more that will be likely to show up, which equals more fun! Or push it back till next Saturday if you want extra time for planning.
Gibberishly
Gibberishly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Gibberishly wrote:I think 10pm GMT is 5pm EST/ 2pm PST, although I also think that the US is on daylight savings and Europe is not yet, but will be shortly. Best to confirm the exact time in multiple time zones Smile
To make things easier, create an event on timeanddate.com. Select your own timezone, enter the time you plan to run the event in your own timezone, then create the event and share the link. Anyone who uses that link should see the time of the event in their own timezone.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4