Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Kitty! (battle sprites)

+15
Agu-San
andersenio
Thefallylord
Cyber-Strike-Blast
MushyMushy
Det-the-EpicVentur
Ankoku Flare
Goodbert
Gibberishly
Doofta
alphappy
Taimaos
Arthuras
Bohhty
Red Hawk One
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kitty! (battle sprites) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kitty! (battle sprites)

Post  alphappy Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:22 pm

More info on the Sprites! Specifically, their abilities have been revealed, though with no specifics. The basic highlights are that:
•sprites' abilities are used on command.
•sprites' abilities are cooldown-based(versus resource[mana]-based).
•sprites do indeed "level," though whether mats are required is not given.
•sprites' abilities can be "augmented"(have talent points/perks applied to them, where the points are earned by levelling up).
•Drakon has a fireball, a shield and an AoE firestorm.
•Serpahynx has a damaging beam, an AoE heart-drop-rate-increasing enchantment, and a guardian-like shield.
•Maskeraith has a poison, a recon-like cloak("partial invisibility") and an AoE Curse of Doom ability.

Agu-San wrote:There is "Switch Editor Mode" if you want to revert to the BB Code. P:
I swear that wasn't there before. Thank God.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

This kitty is sounding moar an moar appealing to me.
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 am

*Cries* It's just getting harder, and harder to pick. ;n;
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm

lol
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I've started to notice that a lot of your replies are just "lol". XD
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 am

make them:
"lolol." then?
it has more composition and has a whopping 6 characters vs. 4.
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 am

lolol
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Dragon and dat flame shield.
Setting people on fire while hugging them is a dream come true! o:
I think parties will start banning me from taking me new found pet into any oiler infested area or compound 32 xD
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Agu-San Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Dunno, man. The Mask looks really cool, but I think I might be better off with that Cat. ouo
Agu-San
Agu-San
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:48 am

The patch to end all patches is nigh! Summary:

• Battle sprites.
  • Difficulty modes that, with any luck, will actually make arcade runs profitable without requiring arenas.
  • NO MORE MIST. NO MORE ELEVATOR COSTS. (THIS CHANGE IS BOLD BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT.)
  • Special items will replace the energy cost of crafting. They will drop in the clockworks.
  • Special item called Spark of Life will be used to revive. NO MORE HEALTHSHARE REVIVING. Energy reviving will still exist but be far more expensive.
  • Equipment restriction based on rank. This does not apply retroactively(which makes absolutely no sense at all).
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Kupoo Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:21 am

CE prices are already spiking, and there are still a couple of days left until the update. I wonder how high it'll get?

Depending on the abundance of Sparks of Life and whether or not they're tradable, though, I'd think crowns might be useful once they start getting put up on the AH, and the CE price might go back down again. Guess we'll find out.
Kupoo
Kupoo
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  ReadReact Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 am

Perhaps a promo to go along with this to hopefully get some people buying CE packs Smile
ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Urameshiya Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:52 pm

This is one pretty ballsy update, ready to turn nearly everything we once knew about Spiral Knights on its head. With mist energy gone, revamped resurrection system, and crafting and heating governed by alchemy orbs and fire crystals, who knows how long until the player-driven market will stabilize around these changes. We'll have to wait and see how this all turns out.

One thing I know for sure is that the Arcade is definitely going to see more activity, potentially on the level before the mission update. What I find interesting is that by doing away with mist energy, I think it actually promotes drop-in/drop-out co-op gameplay. The new reviving method seems to go against every reason to party, yet when you have unrestricted play time, there's nothing stopping you from simply leaving the party and going back down (except Shadow Lairs). You just died again and already used up the emergency revive? Go drop in on another party in progress!

Prepare your bodies, boys and girls. And make sure your F2 key is working; we all know things are gonna break.

Urameshiya
Urameshiya
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Kupoo Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Hoo boy, updating.

IT'S NAT A WEDNESDAY THEY CANNAE DO TAHT ITZ NAWT ALLOWS
Kupoo
Kupoo
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:14 pm

By doing away with ME another immediate effect that i've observed is that slots, of course have spiked tremendously in price. Trinks have gone from 6k to 9k and weps from 13-15k to 25k.
--
Kitties are ze best.
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 am

I love my cute little Totodile! <3 (Drakon)
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Kitty! (battle sprites) - Page 2 Empty Notes on the update.

Post  MushyMushy Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 pm

I like my Mushkins moar.
---
Another comment to be made is the new alchemy system. It makes for much easier crafting, as playing on Elite difficulty can drop high amounts of the Orbs if you play levels with large numbers of treasure boxes.

The heating system is more odd. It uses the same ol' system with a twist, now, after heating the gear in a level, we have to use fire crystals in the forge (Hotkey: U) to actually level the gear up. There are perks to this system though, such as gaining 2 lvls and stuff of that nature.

I've also noted the Sprites gain their 2nd move as well as evolve at lvl 15, and that an effect way to level them up from 1-15 is x1 5* mat (like a flame soul (cheap)) and x1 3* mat. After lvl 15, x2 5* mats and x1 4* will do the trick nicely; this method is the most appetite-efficient one i've found thus far.

Another thing i found is that crafted sprite food is NOT bound like the stuff OOO gave us, even though the minerals used to make them ARE bound. As such, friends or guildies can help each other out by crafting the food items for each other (and paying/trading for it (unless theyre doing it for free)).

Yet another side effect of no mist is that rage-crafting is basically null and void. So the question is: what's the future of our alts?

Two more tips i have are: save some of the sprites points before it evolves! that way you can upgrade the new move it learns; and be sure to use the perks you get from them! my kitty offers bonus dmg low versus the monster family i choose, +1 health, or low defensive bonuses (im not sure if the other sprites are the same). These perks can be changed at a gear station at the beginning of a depth (sprites can also have their harness changed or be fed here as well). The perks are also marked with a I. I suspect this means that at high lvls we may be able to unlock a stronger version of the perk, but that's just a speculation.
Hope this helps,
~Mush
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Hawk One Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 pm

A few notes:

Mushy's feeding advice is mostly spot on, although I've found you can drop a level on the low star food and still work. Food of any type gives the same amount of heat, so feeding off-type food (IE feeding a drakon yellow stuff) will net you the same amount of heat while conserving your on-type minerals for level-ups.

Perks and harnesses do have multiple levels; unlocking a higher level version replaces the lower one.
Red Hawk One
Red Hawk One
Crazy like a fox
Crazy like a fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kupoo Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 am

Kitty Pirogi just hit level 31, and it looks like the 30s is where you have to start deciding which resources you're more willing to part with. As far as I can tell, at this point 5* materials only provide the same heat bonus as the preferred mat. This means that you're either going to have to part with more 5* items and run the risk of not having enough to craft your Sprite's desired gourmet 5* caviar, or part with more of the crafting mineral and run the risk of not having enough of the right mineral for your Sprite's desired artisan 5* delight.

While there is some accounting for individual inventories and people may want to prioritize differently, my personal recommendation is to start crafting desired items at 3* and save your high-level mats for later. Most* other players will also eventually run short on their own crafting minerals, but if they use a different Battle Sprite, that will be a different mineral than the one you need. This means that if you're short on minerals, you can do a food trade with someone else, and you both benefit! While you can up-trade with lower-tier materials, it would likely be more of a hassle.

*I've been around for a while, and while I haven't done runs through the Clockworks that regularly, I do think I have a rather large hoard of minerals collected. And even then I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of Luminite.

EDIT: Actually, on that note, why don't we do something like that here? Set up a guild food trading board or something.
Kupoo
Kupoo
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazzerus Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Kupoo wrote:

EDIT: Actually, on that note, why don't we do something like that here? Set up a guild food trading board or something.

This x1000. Also There could be some deadly combinations of sprites. (This isn't biased, but a good Seraphynx user with solid knowledge of its abilities can greatly improve teamwork and keeping others alive because of you know....the heart attacks and defense.) I'm sure the other two have their niche.

Really want to see a quad of Seraphynx owners use seraphic aura on a Shadow lair someday though.
Blazzerus
Blazzerus
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Blazzerus wrote:
Kupoo wrote:

This x1000. Also There could be some deadly combinations of sprites. (This isn't biased, but a good Seraphynx user with solid knowledge of its abilities can greatly improve teamwork and keeping others alive because of you know....the heart attacks and defense.) I'm sure the other two have their niche.

Really want to see a quad of Seraphynx owners use seraphic aura on a Shadow lair someday though.
If only the aura wasn't garbage... maybe the ultimate isn't a two-hit, six-second thing.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 am

so it turns out after coming back from a week of camping lightning has struck my house! Now my comp (which Sk works on) doesnt have any internet on so i cant even see the changes xD hopefully my motherboard isnt fried D: (you gotta laugh at that)
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Thefallylord Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:27 am

D: Oh no!!!! I hope it gets fixed soon!
Thefallylord
Thefallylord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2