Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Trivia event

5 posters

Go down

Trivia event Empty Trivia event

Post  SeriousSimon Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 am

Hey guys, if im not mistaken, u've had the trivia events before. But as i love testing others, i could have probably set up one of mine sooner or later? Would like to hear ur thoughts about it Very Happy bounce
SeriousSimon
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Trivia event Empty Re: Trivia event

Post  Valentine-VK Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 pm

I would definitely welcome the chance to have my noggin tested some more as an event.
Valentine-VK
Valentine-VK
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

SeriousSimon wrote:Hey guys, if im not mistaken, u've had the trivia events before. But as i love testing others, i could have probably set up one of mine sooner or later? Would like to hear ur thoughts about it Very Happy bounce

That sounds like a great idea! Would you mind mailing me in game with the with some more details about what you had in mind? Thanks!
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm all for it! sounds great!
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 am

Valene wrote:That sounds like a great idea! Would you mind mailing me in game with the with some more details about what you had in mind? Thanks!

Im not sure yet about several moments and need ur opinion, guys. So, by now, im gonna speak out loud to confirm some rules being adequate/fair/etc.

Here are some notes of how i suppose it to be like:

1) Division by tier
Of course, all people have been playing the game for different time - some are more experienced, some are only on the beginning of there way. Thus i've made my mind to divide the participants in 2 groups, so called tier 2 and tier 3 participants. In my mind, this would be more fair since people newer to the game would have this way a better chance of winning participating with others of an appropriate level. This would, however, require enough people participating, in each of the 2 groups, i.e. the lack of participants in one of the groups would make this implementation useless.

2) The trivia event fund
I'm sorry guys, but for now im low on both crowns and ce, and thus i can only suggest creating the so called trivia event fund (TEF for short) using the system of starting fees. If there would be division by tier (see paragraph 1), there's gonna be a separate TEF for each of groups, with smaller starting fee for tier 2, of course. IMHO the 1k starting fee for tier 2 would be a nice choice. As for tier 3, i guess the more the better since bigger starting fee means bigger reward for winners Very Happy. In any case, i would like to know ur opinion guys about which starting fee would suit best. I would have chosen it to be like about 5-6k, maybe more?

3) The way it could go like
This is no doubts that more people participating make it more breathtaking, captivating, exciting, thrilling, fascinating (u can continue this row). But then there shows up the problem of no perfect time for setting up the event. My idea is to make 2 matches if very many people show interest in taking part in the contest. The first one would be sort of a preliminary round. Having the list of people willing to participate, i would make an anouncement every day for people taking part in the event to get in the guild hall. There, im gonna ask questions and get the first results. This way i would be able to get everybody have a chance in taking part in the event, in about 1 week. Afterwards i can see who has got enough points to proceed to final round 2. This would already take time only once, and everyone who made it to the final round, should take part in it. But u guys feel free to make ur own suggestions, maybe we can think of a better system?

4) Rewarding system
And here is the sweetest part, getting the prizes. What do i suppose it to be like? Pretty simple actually:
1st place: TEF/2
2nd place: TEF/3
3rd place: TEF/6
Once again, with division by tier there would be separate TEF for each of the two groups. One more point is, that if there are more than 6 ppl taking part, then this TEF division would be ok. However, if there are 6 participants or less, the reward for the 3rd place would be equal or lower than the starting fee. In this case comes the next system:
1st place: TEF*2/3
2nd place: TEF*1/3
3rd 0 (yep, thats right, u should have tryed harder Very Happy)

That's it. Feel free to ask and share ur own ideas Wink

Added:
Exclamation The lack of my system described in paragraph 3, is that people who have already taken part in the preliminary round can secretly help out the others who havent answered yet so that to share the reward between each other afterwards. What can i do about it? Well, that's right - nothing. So the only thing i could do is asking people playing fairly.
Exclamation Just a note that i have already thought out of the questions im gonna ask. Some of them can be answered using even the sk wiki site, the use of which is gonna be forbidden during the event. But, once again, how am i gonna track people using wiki? Again would i have to ask u guys to play fairly, respecting other players participating with u.

Last edited by SeriousSimon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
SeriousSimon
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  andersenio Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 am

Pardon my ignorance, but what actually is the event? xD
andersenio
andersenio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  SeriousSimon Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 am

andersenio wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what actually is the event? xD
/hug Anders Razz
Trivia is a short quiz. U're being asked question, generally on any topic (in our case - the topic of SK-the-game), and u're task is answering them quickly. Questions can vary from easy to difficult, very often - tricky Twisted Evil The more u answer, the better.
SeriousSimon
SeriousSimon
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down