Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started

+4
MushyMushy
ReadReact
Goodbert
Ankoku Flare
8 posters

Go down

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started Empty The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started

Post  Ankoku Flare Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:12 am

I think this will work better in the forums than in the wiki

The New Recruit Initiative is a long-term recruit giveaway, sponsored by donations from the members of Aurora. It's primary goal is to assist promising recruits in getting T2 access and obtaining a fundamental set of gear, concentrated around the Jelly King levels (Royal Jelly Palace, D15-17). Instead of spending time grinding T1 for the low heat and crowns, the New Recruit Initiative will give the recruit the gear requirements for T2 (2* or above) and allow them to effectively bypass it, moving onto the more profitable T2 in order to maximize crown gain.

To participate in the New Recruit Initiative Program, you must:

A) Be a recruit
B) Lack T2 Access/have difficulty defeating Jelly King
C) Have no 3* or higher items.
D) Fill out the following survey and post it here

Survey

1) What is your current loadout?
2) How long have you been playing Spiral Knights? When did you start?
3) What do you like about Spiral Knights?
4) Have you defeated the Snarbolax yet?
4.1) If so, how many Frumious Fangs have you obtained?
5) Do you know about the Spiral Knights Forum on the Spiral Knights Website?
5.1) Do you know about the New Recruits and Arsenal sections of the forum, which contain useful information for new players?
6) What do you think you can bring to the Aurora community?
7) One of the key principles of Aurora is learning, and as a recruit, you are entitled to ask any veteran, officer, guild master, and even member for assistance in any aspect of the game (short of begging). Please verify that you understand this.
8) Are there any questions you have about gaining T2 access/progressing in the game?

After your survey has been approved by the Guild Masters and Officers of Aurora, you will be granted a set of equipment based on your responses:

New Recruit Initiative Sets

There are currently two sets of gear that can be claimed:

1) The Snarbolax Set is available to anyone who has not defeated Snarbolax and/or has not completed 10 T1 levels. It provides a basic Gloaming Wildwoods-centered set of gear:

Wolver Cap ★★☆☆☆
Wolver Coat ★★☆☆☆
Owlite Shield ★★☆☆☆ OR Plate Shield ★★☆☆☆
Flourish ★★☆☆☆
Choice of:
Blaster ★★☆☆☆
Cryotech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆
Voltech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆
Firotech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆

2) The Jelly King Set is available to anyone who has gained 10+ Frumious Fangs and has completed 10 levels of T1. It provides a basic Royal Jelly Palace-centered set of gear:

Wolver Cap ★★☆☆☆
Wolver Coat ★★☆☆☆
Owlite Shield ★★☆☆☆ OR Plate Shield ★★☆☆☆
Tempered Calibur ★★★☆☆ OR Nightblade ★★★☆☆
Choice of:
Blaster ★★☆☆☆
Cryotech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆
Voltech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆
Firotech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆
Shadowtech Alchemer ★★☆☆☆ (Only if Calibur is selected over Nightblade)

Note*: If a participant already has a said piece of gear, that item will not be given.

Note**: A participant may claim both sets of gear, if the conditions are met independently.

Training

The New Recruit Initiative grants recruits the gear they will need to complete the stated stratums. Additional help can be found by asking members for help on runs and tactics with the newfound weapons. We have a great group of veteran players here at Aurora, and please feel free to ask away about anything! Remember, there are no stupid questions :).
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started Empty I see a flaw in this program....

Post  Goodbert Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 am

I mean its a great one, but the problem is most recruits are already past this point, don't even know about this forum, and even less of them will actually post here. It just doesn't work out sadly... You can still leave this here, but most people will likely have moved on.
Goodbert
Goodbert
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started Empty Re: The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started

Post  ReadReact Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:41 am

True, it's definitely meant for those just starting out. And it was created pre-mission system. Lately we've been getting more players into the guild who've been around for a bit. However, it's still nice to have this for a friend or family member who is just getting into the game. Helps get them going on the right track. Thanks for the feedback though, nice to see you posting about more topics like this.
ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started Empty Re: The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started

Post  MushyMushy Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 pm

huh. sounds nice, but somewhat impractical.
I only know a handful of people in the guild that this would apply to, and most of them either dont know about the forums or dont care.
however, it is nice, like Read said, for friends and such just starting out. It looks great but i dont see a ton of use coming out of it since the majority of Aurora is at least 3*
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Can I get a set for my alternate? Razz

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovingly Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm

They should be in the guild storage, but just holler if you can't find something.
Lovingly
Lovingly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniCoder Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Lovingly wrote:They should be in the guild storage, but just holler if you can't find something.
Oh, ok! Except my alt isn't in the guild! Razz ohwaittheresamailsystemforthatkthxwilldothatsometimewhenigetachancetogetonSK <---umad? ;3

MiniCoder

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

its harder to read than alp's >.>
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

The New Recruit Initiative : Freebies to get you started Empty WOW

Post  waterwalrus Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:10 am

I just joined this guild and I cant beat jelly king

waterwalrus

Back to top Go down

Post  dummymummy Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 am

Welcome to Aurora
What can we call you for short?
And no worries about JK you'll get to beat him in no time
Just give a shout and if possible i'll be there
dummymummy
dummymummy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum