Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN

+5
Luxur
alphappy
FallingSnow
Goodbert
Valene
9 posters

Go down

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN Empty 12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN

Post  Valene Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello my dear Aurorians! Hope y'all have a wonderful, wonderful holiday season! No matter which corner of the world you are in, we hope that you'll receive our warmest wishes.

Again, another big thanks to all of you who participated in the plethora of Christmas events we had and hope you all enjoyed it!

So without further ado, we will resume our weekly events at Saturday 7 PM PST / 9 PM CST / 10 PM EST. Make you are you on around that time!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever been reluctant to play T3 LD because you did not have "LD gear"? Have you ever wanted to just try out LD because it is such a big part of the game but been afraid cuz of the no-so friendly environment? Or do you play LD alot? Have you ever thought "hm...I wonder how such a weapon will do in LD..."? ORRRRRR Have you ever wanted to just troll around with your fellow guildies and share tons of pranks and fun?!

If you answered "YES!" to any of these questions, then make sure you come to our PVP trolling event this Saturday!!!

Details:
- We will be using our alt guild so NO outside interruptions. Just us! Be ready to get cozy!
- We will be playing T3 LD. As long as you have one 4* gear, you can play T3. Remember, this ISN'T about how good you are or how OP your gear is, just to have fun!) HOWEVER, you will not be allowed to use any gear that are "commonly" found in LD (list below)
- No comments about having the highest damage, caps or anything allowed. This is not a contest of egos, just a bunch of fun trolling with random gear and weapons in LD. We also encourage people to try something they usually don't play with (ex: Val NEVER plays gunner in PvP or PvE, so you might see her running around with a blitz)
- Losing team will have to bow to every member of the opposite team. Muahahahaha

List of Banner Gear:
- All Wolver series (Ash tail, Skolver, Vog, Snarbolax)
- Toothpicks (Any Flourish line, Barbarous Thorn Blade)
- Sealed sword line (Gran Faust, Divine Avenger)
- Hammers
- Any Brandish line
- Any pulsar line (POLARIS)
- Any blaster line (Valience)
- Alchemers
- Voltaic Tempest and Stagger Storm (not the other haze bombs because these two affect movement. But Shiver is allowed because its Val's dream to see 6 people frozen to a point)
- (open to suggestions)

List of banner gear is open to suggestions and tweaks. (Val predicts Red will write a lengthy reply about how he is the expert at bombs and how she should add or remove a bomb from the list =3)

And because it has always been popular with our members, we are open to playing T1 LD GvG and GBN using our alt guild as well. So log on anytime and see if you can jump into the game!

Please feel free to post here if you have any questions or catch an officer in game. See you on Saturday!!

Last edited by Valene on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN Empty Re: 12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN

Post  Goodbert Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 pm

I've been in the mood for some LD lately, and due to the fact that I don't have any of the listed gear....Cool
Goodbert
Goodbert
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN Empty Re: 12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN

Post  FallingSnow Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 am

Heh, I don't have any T3 Armor/Helmets that aren't from the wolver series. Well then... lol
I guess I better figure something out.
FallingSnow
FallingSnow
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 am

FallingSnow wrote:Heh, I don't have any T3 Armor/Helmets that aren't from the wolver series. Well then... lol
I guess I better figure something out.
As long as you have something else that's 4*, proto will work.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxur Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:01 am

How about.. pentas?
Luxur
Luxur

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofta Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't see what trolling has in common with fun (to other people) and pranks, but okay... Sounds like a fun event though.

20th post huehuehuehuehue

Doofta

https://www.youtube.com/user/kMudkipzN

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 am

Doofta wrote:I don't see what trolling has in common with fun (to other people) and pranks, but okay... Sounds like a fun event though.
Trolling has a very skewed definition in the shallower levels of the internet.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Luxur wrote:How about.. pentas?

Trinkets are allowed!

And don't take my event names too seriously. My word bank is seriously small at times XD
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN Empty What a brilliant idea!

Post  Lady-Clockwise Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:30 pm

I can imagine some people are going to be rather "mad bro".

I can't wait to do this; it sounds like a blast! What a great idea. Very Happy

Lady-Clockwise

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofta Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:45 am

I must say that these were the best rounds of Lockdown I have ever played.
No overpowered toothpick/GF/Polaris mess, just those weapons you would never use in regular LD... and it was fantastic.
This absolutely HAS to be redone. Probably just make a few changes to the banlist though:

• Ban Shivermist Buster (how terribly annoying that was), Nitronome (not hipster enough), AP and Sent (Shiver counter but as that's banned it doesn't make any sense to keep those)
  • Allow Stagger Storm (only seen it once in LD and it doesn't completely restrict your movement)
  • Not a change to the banlist, but next time, call it "Hipster Lockdown" or something like that

And as with the carol event, here's some screenshots (of the game finish scoreboard):

12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN G8qkm 12/29 Guild Event: PvP Trolling: T1, T3 LD & BN QScro
(click to view)

Also, Aurora never lost. Not that I know, at least.

Doofta

https://www.youtube.com/user/kMudkipzN

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Ninja Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 am

Yeah I liked it, really fun and new. I agree with Doof with the changes though (although Shiver locking was absolutely hilarious). We should definitely do it again.
Turtle-Ninja
Turtle-Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:42 am

Doofta wrote:
  • Ban Shivermist Buster (how terribly annoying that was), Nitronome (not hipster enough), AP and Sent (Shiver counter but as that's banned it doesn't make any sense to keep those)
  • Allow Stagger Storm (only seen it once in LD and it doesn't completely restrict your movement)
  • Shivermist: I agree and I believe Val was considering adding it to the list.
  • Nitronome: I think that Nitronome is just fine, being very uncommon and mildly useless.
  • AP and Sent: Sadly, I agree with this, as these things were kicking some serious arse and being some serious annoying.
  • Stagger Storm: Val banned it because it gets through her shock max skolver, so she automatically despises it anywhere.
Doofta wrote:Also, Aurora never lost. Not that I know, at least.
I believe you're correct... and I didn't even pick the team. Team stacking by idle standby, ho!
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post  dummymummy Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:52 pm

I absolutely loved that event. I laughed so hard.
The shiv-spam was hilarious. But I see how it can be annoying. I think we were all tempted to have it so we could show Val the 6 frozen teammates lol
But yeah I loved the fun so we really should do something like this again
dummymummy
dummymummy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Yayyyy I'm so glad it was such a successful event! HUGE thanks to you guys for being such positive and humorous people.

I admit I was a tiny bit afraid of possible frustrations and because some negative comments but there were absolutely NONE. Not even complaints about lag! (at least none serious/recurring enough for me to remember). We could definitely do this again!!

As to the list:
- Yup I watched all of the games so I understand your suggestions
- Shiver will be banned next time (I'm pretty sure I said so on vc if you were listening), it was just a personal wish of mine to see people shiverlocked. I think you guys got a laugh out of it too, but it does get old kinda fast XD
- Nitro's fine, might be just a bit laggy
- AP and Sentenza will be banned
- And since most of the guns are banned by now, maybe I'll add back Valiance.
- Stagger...maybe
- Maybe the non-status alchemers, I know they're overpowered but they would kinda be like FoV, plus, alot of people haven't tried out alchemers yet
- FoV I was considering banning but it is a sword that everyone should have from running vana. And if I remember correctly, almost everyone who participated were T3 and could run vana just fine.

Thanks for the feedback!
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down