Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter

5 posters

Go down

January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter Empty January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter

Post  Funny_Reaver Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am

Comments from the Editor:

Greetings, Aurorians. It looks like i'm hijacking the Newsletter business for the time being. Why I am writing the newsletter this time, instead of Valene? It's sort of a long story, but i'll save that story for another time. You wanna hear about this story, which is, in fact the newsletter. Bear in mind that this is the first newsletter that I have written for this guild, and for the sake of convenience, I will be sticking close to Valene’s format at the moment. Please don't murder me if it doesn't look up to snuff. I'm just a guy on the internet, after all, not the Messiah. And with that pointless tangent out of the way, on to your feature presentation!

~Nostalgic Reaverbot

Guild News: ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

General Conduct:

It’s a new year, with new hopes, dreams, expectations, resolutions, all of that whimsical stuff. The great cataclysm has been predictably averted, and the movie titled after the preceding year is but a B-Movie farce. However, despite all of the splendor and cheer that inevitably comes with a new year, that does not give you an excuse to think that you’re suddenly above the world, flipping off authority as you trample over your peers thinking that you’re the only one who is right in this world. In that order. Just remember that we, here at Aurora, do not bode well with such behavior. We all want to remind you to stay respectful to your fellow guildies to kick off the new year. Ever heard of the old saying ‘Treat others the way you would like to be treated’? Keep that in the back of your head if you don’t want to get gassed by the higher-ups in the guild. Then kicked. In that order. So smile, if you don’t want to be met with bile.

Guild Hall:

Special mentions goes out to all of the lovely interior designers who have worked on gathering up festive winter furniture, trees, and gifts and arranging it to make Aurora’s Guild Hall look as festive and winter-y as ever! You all know who you are. Flaretaigibbvalandtherest.

Remember that our Guild Upkeep is still at a whopping 250,000 crowns per week, so for the sake of our marvelously beautiful wintery Guild Hall, pay for your upkeep! Bad things happen when you do not pay your dues, and I do not like bad things. And neither should you.

Don't forget the Room Rentals are still available! Remember that you can either decorate it yourself or consult the lovely Ankokuflare for design etiquette.

Mist Well Policy:

“…Keep in mind that the purpose of the mist well is to allow members to help each other… [If] you have withdrawn from it in the past, please donate when you have the funds in the future.” (Valene)

If you want to donate to the mist well but unable to reach the minimum capacity of 500CE, send your donations to Aurora-Nri, via In Game Mail or Trade, who will put CE in the well when donations reach the cap. The Officers and GMs monitor well usage. Use, don’t abuse. Abusing the well makes Fradow ferocious.

Fundraiser Weekly Raffle:

Lovingly has recently started up a weekly raffle, where contestants can win one of many valuable elite trinkets per week, and possibly even more! Each ticket only costs 1000cr, and entries must be sent to Aurora-Nri if you wish to participate. Further details on the page provided.

Illustrative Guild Event Recap: ____________________________________________________________________________________

Atuhors Nose: Sorry that I, the editor, was unable to make it to the Vial Collecting Guild Event, so I don’t have much input of what went on over there. All I can recall from feedback is that there were Arenas, scurrying, and singing. That’s all I got. Curse me and my real-life dilemmas. On the other hand, I DO recall The Guild Lockdown Event.But enough of my rambling. Here’s some MORE rambling!

Unapocolyptical Log #HR-D3:

You’ve all played Lockdown. You all know what it’s like: All Trinkets, Vog Only, Final Flourish (And several other variations). You are all probably in two differing camps: one camp that has embraced this playstyle, among other ones, full force and exploits it to no end for your own profit, much to the inexperienced players’ chagrin, or you’re in the other camp that gets hammered by these guys day in and out and demand a change of pace, refusing to conform to the player-made norm! I happen to be in the camp that gets hammered. Sue me. Butthatsbesidethepoint, what if there WAS a change of pace? What if the standard norms for Lockdown were twisted, mangled up, and thrown into a cage for a time-out? What if playstyles that were never conceived were given the chance to flouri- er, rise up from the ground and shine in the limelight? What if you can TALK to your friends and foes about your battles instead of pausing for those few precious seconds to type out your speech bubble?

We, here at Aurora, have made arrangements to dive deep down inside of a parallel universe where Wolver Coats are outlawed, Gran Fausts are auctioned at museums, and Alchemers are out of season. A universe where Polarises are donated as energy resources, Haze Bombs are frowned upon except for the freezing one that everyone groans at for some reason, and toothpicks are used to make miniature sculptures. This…. Isn’t going to become a spoof of the Twilight Zone, don’t worry.

Anyway, Aurora separated into three different factions to explore the bizarre and the unusual: The Original Aurorians, our Sister Guild ‘Heads or Tails,’ and… a third guild which name I have forgotten about. Shoot me. Speaking of shooting, the reason we separated is because… we all wanted to duke it out on the battlefield. But not with the weapons I have so repeatedly mentioned, but with weapons people never thought of using! Troopers cutting through the lines with fast-cutting hunting blades, gunners unloading their ammunition infused with the power of light and/or darkness at a rapid pace, players in low-leveled armor doing the samba around the battlefield, and bombers opting to use crystal shards to mess with players other than relying on haze to get the job done... except for the freezing ones. Dear gods, THE FREEZING! Cold mist, everywhere! knights were helplessly stationary all about, battles of attrition on who gets a control point were rampant, tactics outside-the-box were employed to achieve specific objectives, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

You would think with all of the mayhem that ensued, there would be cries of pain and agony? No. There was none of that. Actually, there were cries… but cries of joy and laughter. Both camps, atleastinaurora, were satisfied. The skillfully speedy camps enjoyed coming out of their comfort zones to experiment with what had not been experimented on, and the hammered camps were happy that changes were brought to the table and they had a chance to shine in the scoreboards.

By the end of the day, every separate faction had regrouped back with Aurora to compliment the oddballs who have conjured up such an ingenious idea. And, to this day, Aurora has left the universe of the supernatural to return to their comforting realities, with thoughts in the back of their minds hoping to return one day. But those pending events are of another story…

To Make a Long, Pretentious Story Short: Troll Lockdown was fun, it felt like a breath of fresh air to not rely on the wolvers sets, fausts, and the like, and it was intriguing to see the sheer diversity of weapons and armor that players have brought up to the table. Everyone loved it, I loved it, and we hope we can do it again someday. Further details on Troll Lockdown HERE.

This isn’t the last of our guild events, however! We still have many more to come! Our weekly guild events are Saturdays 9 PM CST / 7 PM PST / 10 PM EST. Check back to the forums every Friday for event details!!!!

Closing Statement:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that is all that needs to be reported for now. I hope I have done a decent enough job in keeping you all up to date with all the latest happenings in the guild. If I WERE to become a regular in writing the newsletter, I wouldn’t say there would be very much of a uniform schedule, but expect one for every month or two. But I digress. Be sure to check out the guild forums for details on upcoming events, trades, stories, and several other silly shenanigans. This is Nostalgic Reaverbot, signing off.

*This Newsletter has been brought to you by the Devilite Soul-Stealing Corporation. Worshipping Demonic Abominations to Meet Deadlines Since The Dawn of History!*

Last edited by Ankoku Flare on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Tweaks.)
Funny_Reaver
Funny_Reaver
Officer
Officer

http://www.awesomenesstotheextremeplusslippy.com (NOT A REAL WEB

Back to top Go down

January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter Empty Fantastic!

Post  Lady-Clockwise Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 am

Well done, Reaver. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Very Happy

Lady-Clockwise

Back to top Go down

January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter Empty Re: January Week 1 1/2 Newsletter

Post  Funny_Reaver Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks, Lady Very Happy. I was real careful while writing up this Newsletter, hoping I haven't left out anything at all, but still, i'm happy that you enjoyed it ^_^.

By the way, if there is anybody who has any personal requests, such as statue building, mini events, etc, be sure to let me know, so I can keep those in mind for the next Newsletter.
Funny_Reaver
Funny_Reaver
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Haha muccccchhhh better than mine. I read troll lockdown event like it like it was a mini fiction novel (I love fiction novels!)

Thank you sooooooo much for taking time out of your schedule to do this Reaver.

Aurora is very lucky to have such a wonderful and enthusiastic writer/commentator like you <3
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthuras Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:28 pm

You should totally rent ad-space.
Arthuras
Arthuras

Back to top Go down

Post  Funny_Reaver Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Aw, thank you guys, i'm glad you all liked my newsletter :'D. As I said, this won't be the last of the newsletters i'll write, and I hope to entertain you all still with more to come ^_^.
Funny_Reaver
Funny_Reaver
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I dig the humor in this piece.

pasted it in my edit post
http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/59548#comment-428504
better late then never ^_^;'