Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Guild vs Guild

+6
Kupoo
Styrafome
ameliax
Chris
Sapphireonice
Red Hawk One
10 posters

Go down

Guild vs Guild Empty Guild vs Guild

Post  Red Hawk One Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 am

This thread is (for now) judging the interest in Guild vs Guild activity. Its purpose is three fold:

1) to identify who is interested in GvG (Both Blast Network and Lockdown).

2) To determine what days/times would be best for attempting GvG.

3) To get an idea of how we would go about playing (strategy/"classes").

To begin, I'd like some input on these points; who wants to play? When can they play? How do they want to play?

Right now we aren't too far from the leaderboards in both events; wouldn't it be cool to get our names up there?
Red Hawk One
Red Hawk One
Crazy like a fox
Crazy like a fox

Back to top Go down

Guild vs Guild Empty Lockdown?I'm in.

Post  Sapphireonice Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 am

Though it's only for T2 Lockdown. I don't have 4* or higher stuff. I'm going to be free as soon as the month ends, and I play from Monday-Friday at 6-8pmish, and Saturday-Sunday at around 12-3pm(all in GMT+Cool.

As for strategy, I think we should have a dedicated guardian. Everyone going Striker just isn't practical when a Recon-Guardian team traps you. Having a Recon solely dedicated to defense as a status bomber will help.

Sapphireonice

Back to top Go down

Guild vs Guild Empty Re: Guild vs Guild

Post  Chris Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Though I do go striker a lot, I do enjoy going recon.
If you sneak up on someone as recon and do both of gran faust/divine avenger's swings, its usually like a instant assasination. :3
Also, red, that voltaic tempest of yours.. awesome, and if anyone else has status bombs it would be great for capturing points.
Chris
Chris

https://aurorask.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ameliax Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm interested in joining although for the next few weeks I'm going to be moving around so won't know what the internet access will be like. Maybe I could be a reserve for the team? Oh and I play T3 LD (not interested in BN as I'm awful at it).
ameliax
ameliax

Back to top Go down

Post  Styrafome Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm interested as well for both types. I'm usually available 4PM-9PM PST
Styrafome
Styrafome
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kupoo Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 pm

I'd be up for Blast Network sometime between 5-7 PM EST on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and sometime before 8 PM otherwise - all times subject to whatever, of course.

No Lockdown, sadly; my little laptop can't handle it.
Kupoo
Kupoo
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuzah Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:54 am

By day I am a mathematician and spreadsheet-er. By night I am the samurai blade wielding defender of justice or the ninja assassin bomber of chaos!

In short pretty much any time after 9pm PST (11pm CST for me) I can commit to a LD/BN schedule starting next week. I currently have equipment for T1 and T3 LD.

Edit: Forgot to mention I typically striker strike stuff.

Last edited by Kuzah on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuzah
Kuzah
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Guild vs Guild Empty I can't believe I'm saying this...

Post  Amby Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

This is pretty much going against all of the things I've said in the past, but...I'm interested in joining Guild vs Guild as well; Lockdown, to be exact! :3 (I win the prize for Killing Herself The Most in BN, so not going there for now) As for when I'm available, I'll try to make some time for GvG during the hours you wish to play, Red. xD I can be flexible with my time, and you know how often I'm online. I currently have gear for both T1 and T3 LD as well.

Being a guardian or a recon is the way to go for me as I'm much more of a defensive player. :3 I've been trying to play as a striker more often, but the frame rate drops and lagging visual synchronization makes it difficult for me to even land/dodge hits properly (I've been getting that random slow-dashing as a striker too). I'm still quite new to the game mode itself as well, but I'm still practicing and trying to get better at it! :s

Strategy-wise, I think it's best if everyone stayed together as a group or two, instead of zooming off in different directions to individually hunt for their prey on the field. Dealing damage isn't as important to me as capturing points is, and I agree with Sapphire in terms of having a dedicated guardian(s) and/or at least one recon filled to the brim with status bombs running alongside people. Team effort is a key component to "succeeding" in LD (as we all know), so perhaps we should also break the team up into two groups of three? Have the two groups split off to capture points as quickly as possible, while members within stick with each other and defend oncoming attacks. If a team mate within your group goes down, you can try retreating and rendezvous at an already claimed point or defend the one you're on until you've all regrouped. And I also have to agree with Chris about your Voltaic Tempest, Red! :D I've been thinking of bringing my VT and Shiver to the field more often to act as support for you guys, while everyone takes out the enemies. xD

One more thing, I believe in us being able to work together as a team :) We really don't need stand-ins such as those from Aequitas to do the work for us, regardless of how much we really want to win a game. If we're going to be winning, I'd rather have a pure Aurora team representing us rather than an amalgamation of people who aren't even a part of our family. Having to call in those who are regarded as the "best of LD" to win for us gives us a very bad name; wouldn't you rather have Aurora become the best as well as keeping a good reputation as a friendly and understanding guild? :)

--TL&DR--
I wanna play T3 GLD! :D Sticking together as a large group is beneficial for the team, since it's easier to cap therefore earning more points towards the win. And please, no more outsiders working for us. XD
Amby
Amby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Guild vs Guild Empty MOAR Strategy

Post  Sapphireonice Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:54 am

A few ideas to throw out, to keep the discussion alive.

Decoy-A guy who serves only to distract the opposition: i.e. slow them down when they reach our base(s). He'll buy a little time(pref. Recon) and then we can get there.

Backstabber-A person who ambushes the opponents from behind. He/she predicts where the enemy will approach the point, and then backstab them just as the main team approaches.

Sapphireonice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuzah Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 pm

If we have too many people on the roster feel free to put me as a backup striker. If I'm online chances are I am able to participate. Just message me on Steam.

Lately I've been getting myself hooked on some other games and suffering from self-inflicted SK burnout so I'll be on less, but I'll always prioritize our guild BN/LD calls even in the middle of another game.

/salute
Kuzah
Kuzah
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowstar Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:50 am

I'm up for GLD whenever possible. I play Striker with WRH and I'm often trying to cap points. Not trying to focus on damage, but it usually racks up anyway.
Shadowstar
Shadowstar
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankoku Flare Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:51 am

I really need to start practicing on lockdown. I've been mainly transfixed on the danger missions as of late xD
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down