Aurora SK Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» *knock knock*
by Welux Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 pm

» Spiral Knight's Wiki List of Useful Links
by Ankoku Flare Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

» Fehzor's guide to farming crafting supplies
by Ankoku Flare Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

» [Brushes off the Dust]
by Darkreaperwolf Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

» Anyone else looking for the new recipes
by Urameshiya Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

» The long awaited...
by ReadReact Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

» I think it's time for an old knight to retire (Giveaway raffle thing - winners announced!)
by Kupoo Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

» New content!
by Welux Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Guild Hall

+6
Bohhty
Ankoku Flare
Fradow
Kupoo
Valene
Lovingly
10 posters

Go down

Guild Hall Empty Guild Hall

Post  Lovingly Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 pm

What would you guys like to see in the guild hall? Also, what do you think of it now?

(Remember to contribute to the treasury and the Mist well! I will hunt people down if they take from the mist well too often and not give back to it!)
Lovingly
Lovingly
Alumni
Alumni

Back to top Go down

Guild Hall Empty Re: Guild Hall

Post  Valene Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Haha I just made everyone a vet for a while and let them do watever they like.

Makes absolutely no sense to limit these things anyways. It's just decorating.
It's like a big family spring cleaning! XD

Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Kupoo Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 am

We could use some more furnishings - everyone is fighting over the plants and chairs! Might be worth investing in some furniture so we don't have a huge, empty Guild Hall. Let's fill in what we have first!

I think some of the following might be handy:
• Bushes (I think these soften the atmosphere so it doesn't feel too mechanical)
• Lights (Useful as accents)
• Chairs (Can't have enough of them. We'll also need these if we're to play guild musical chairs, which is totally a thing that needs to happen - all credit for idea goes to Gibberishly)

Logistically speaking for the layout, it seems strange to have the barracks/beds right next to the crafting machines and mist thing (which I stuck next to them); they would wake everyone up with a nice loud PWONG! every time someone needs to use them! If possible, I'd shift the energy room away from the beds, and possibly closer to the entrance for easy access.

Might also want to move the private rooms away from rooms like, say, the break room (which is currently shoved away in a far, far corner). I guess we could put them together or with the public beds; alternatively, they can go together on one side and the beds on the other - next to something quiet-seeming, perhaps. A library of sorts with all those shelves?

I'd try my hand at a blueprint, but I don't really know what customizations are possible.
Kupoo
Kupoo
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Fradow Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am

So, I got asked a few times about mist well usage today, since I am now an Officer (yes, it's totally ONLY because I wanted to be able to play and snatch that Snarby.).

Are we going to put any rules on it, apart from "be nice and give back what you took" ? This has basically been my answer for the time being.

Same question goes for contribution to guild treasury and storage.

Last but not least, I'll start to contribute to the guildhall once I get that Volcanic Halo that I dream off since the introduction of accessories. It's finally at my reach so I'm not letting the guildhall divert me from my very long objective (with that, my snarby's accessories will be complete!). Obviously, I'll not contribute as much as the 2 big donors, I'm not that rich, but a good part of my crowns is going to go toward the guildhall.

P.S. : I'm awaiting, hopefully, an answer from SK on Twitter concerning Snarby. If, or more like When we have him, I reserve my name on that room!

Fradow
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Guild Hall Empty Snipe in a lawnchair

Post  Ankoku Flare Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Even though we have weeks worth of upkeep at the moment, we are trying to figure out a sustainable system for the upkeep to remain secure. Right now, furniture purchases are placed to a halt. I'll make a new topic on our current available furniture and the guild hall expansions, so players can actually math out and request the furniture along with their contributions.

Right now my current idea is having a day where we all run vana runs one day and contribute at least one run worth of that day to the treasury.

here's my current idea at the moment
Fradow and I were discussing on ways to manage the upkeep
We were thing of have a day where we have multiple groups or participants run vanaduke and donate their earnings to the treasury for one day.

Fradow stated that we'll need at least 11 people

I would think 4 groups of three will do it

Each vana run has an estimate of 8,000 crowns
We have 12 people running
8,000 cr x 12 members= 96,000 cr

and our current upkeep is 87,500 cr

which leave us with around 8500~ extra
Ankoku Flare
Ankoku Flare
Guild Master
Guild Master

http://www.flareout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bohhty Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

-snip-

Last edited by Bohhty on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Bohhty
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Yup! Plus, most of our members and recruits are still only running on mist and require funds to craft and upgrade armor. That's a priority.

We were thinking of just putting these fsc runs after my events. That is usually when we have the most people on and since everyone is already organized and in the mood, it will be much easier to organize people do to fsc runs - even members if we pair them up with vets =D

Plus, it's much more encouraging to have everyone do it together at a time. Guild spirit! Though for those that cannot attend the events, they are still encouraged to grab some guildies, do a fsc run, and contribute on their own =)
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatterman Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 am

I have been browsing around the SK Twitter quite a bit (Still haven't heard anything regarding the Snarby... My guess is that it is one of the final rewards). The two things that had me excited was a private Guild Training Hall (Comes with Tier 1 - 3 varients, with punching bags that share the types of all monsters found in the clockwork. And the best part, a target practice system for guns), and the Snipe Garden.

The down side to these two is that they are quite costly to the guild, to even get access to the Guild Training Hall, you must have a Guild Hall with four floors (Which I think might be the maximum... We currently have both wings of our 2nd floor right now), from what I have heard that totals up to 400k upkeep... We are currently sitting at 80k upkeep. I am not sure when the Snipe Garden is available, but considering it costs 300k/Snipe once you have the garden, that seems pretty costly just to buy one snipe o-o

As much as these things would be really cool to have, we don't have the crowns to fund these. Granted we can still unlock other cool things by raising our upkeep with time, as we increase our stash of crowns~ (I am glad that I have a use for all of my crowns besides for my own personal gain. So I still plan to throw in as much crowns as I can, without making myself go broke of course)

Anyways... There are still quite a bit of things we have yet to unlock, from my understanding, we can unlock the majority of the shops and services found in Haven, so I will end up spending all of my time chilling out in the Guild Hall instead of Haven~

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know how people have liked this update so far, I for one have enjoyed it quite a bit. We finally have a guild storage system~ The Mist Well is also nice, and being able to hang out in a environment that can be customized has been really cool as well.
Yatterman
Yatterman
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bohhty Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 am

-snip-

Last edited by Bohhty on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Bohhty
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Valene Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 am

haha I'm actually surprised that they didn't come out with a promo today. It makes sense to have a promo right after a major update. But I guess this time, it looked like people didn't need an incentive to buy ce XD

That being said, I'm really, really disinterested in this update for some reason. It's completely pointless. The training halls and snipe gardens are great but this is way too much money to spend on a few useless pixels. And this will no doubt just increase the distance between the rich and not rich. Sure, guilds like Jemps and EoS will have maxed out everything in GH but at some point you gotta ask "......So?"

So spend your moneys on gear and UVs first kiddos!
Valene
Valene
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  alphappy Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:15 am

Yatterman wrote:I am not sure when the Snipe Garden is available, but considering it costs 300k/Snipe once you have the garden, that seems pretty costly just to buy one snipe o-o
They're expensive because they're scarce. They're scarce because people keep gluing them onto hats, which prevents them from reproducing.

Valene wrote:That being said, I'm really, really disinterested in this update for some reason. It's completely pointless. The training halls and snipe gardens are great but this is way too much money to spend on a few useless pixels. And this will no doubt just increase the distance between the rich and not rich.
Just like real life!

But I agree, I was disappointed from the moment I saw the video. They're allegedly more focused on WiT than on SK now, which is no surprise, since Doctor Who's been one of the three biggest fandoms that I've seen. As such, they probably have a team of 3 people working on this game.
alphappy
alphappy
Alumni
Alumni

http://alphappy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MushyMushy Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm

well, at least the GH does have some people who are really into it Smile

a few things i'd like to see: (more of a suggestion list lol)
  • in the conference room, buy 2 more chairs to put at each head of the table and make the other exsisting 6 straight
  • 3F Razz

i have been saving up some cash for the GH from the ragecraft spoils in the storage, once i have the ability (as in, once my application is approved . _ .) ill put all my crowns back into the GH (so dont freak about my large storage withdrawls).
i do also plan to put all my crowns into the GH furnishings, upkeep, and expansions.

i look forward to helping out with the GH!
and yes, i did put my vanguard battle stand thing into the treasury
MushyMushy
MushyMushy
Alumni
Alumni

http://www.ign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ReadReact Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Hopefully I will get to see the wonderful new guild hall today -- I play through kongregate.com and it hasn't been working but it looks ok now. Thanks everyone, for your decorative flair and financial contributions to make your guild better and stronger for all -- please stay honorable and use these resources respectfully! Very Happy
ReadReact
ReadReact
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatterman Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I have noticed over yesterday and today some possible problems that have been raising with both the Mist Well, and the discussion of Upkeep. So far it isn't a big issues, but if it gets worse over time, we will have to set up some rules (This applies to the Guild Storage as well, although so far there have been no complaints so far on that).

Currently we don't have any major rules regarding the well or storage, however we do ask that you use common sense. The energy in the well has been contributed by members of the guild for everyone to use, however this doesn't mean you can use it to ragecraft or take from it obsessionally. The current general sense is "Take what you -Need-, but try to give back when possible". Now like Val said, we don't expect everyone to give back, in-fact we would rather those people who are not well geared to focus more on gearing up instead of contributing, but we still ask you you pay mind to the fact that these services are meant to be shared for everyone in the guild, so treat it fairly.

Other than that, there hasn't be any problems, everything has been going fairly good so far. Hope to see everyone at the event tomorrow~
Yatterman
Yatterman
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down